Concluded Case

TROPHIC ULCER DUE TO LEPROSY WITH SECONDARY BACTERIAL INFECTION

Presenting an interesting case of 70 years old non-diabetic presented with Figure 1 is 2 years ago. Figures 2-4 present today’s images with X-ray of foot (Figure 5). What will be your clinical diagnosis or DD? Thank you.

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

I thank all my colleagues who answered for this case for their valuable opinion. This case was referred as a suspected case of Leprosy for investigation and treatment. Update on this case I will share soon. Thank you.

All Answers

Mycetoma.. It is a chronic infection of skin and subcutaneous tissue.It was initially named Madura foot, after the region of Madura in India where the disease was first identified.  Mycetoma infection can be caused by fungi or bacteria. Mycetoma may be caused by.... Filamentous bacteria (actinomycotic mycetoma or actinomycetoma) or fungi (eumycotic mycetoma or eumycetoma). The most common bacterial causes are Nocardia brasiliensis, Actinomadurae madurae, Streptomyces somaliensis, and Actinomadura pelletieria.

Thank you

SUGGESTIVE OF MYCETOMA DD CHRONIC. NON. HEALING ULCER.... SECONDARY. TO... CHRONIC ... ECZEMATOUS FUNGAL. INFECTION ..AS ... ... ONYCHOMYCOSIS. / ONYCHOLYSIS..... EVIDENT

Thank you

Provisional diagnosis and DD *Mycetoma ** Chronic non healing ulcer sec to fungal infection or chronic eczema. Needs further investigation and evaluation to conclude and treatment plan.

Thanks Dr Dinesh Gupta

View 4 other replies

I thank all my colleagues who answered for this case for their valuable opinion. This case was referred as a suspected case of Leprosy for investigation and treatment. Update on this case I will share soon. Thank you.

1...Yes Provisional diagnosis :-MYCETOMA FOOT. 2...Chronic non healing Ulcer. 3...Fungal infection/Chronic eczema.

Thank you

IT'S A..CASE OF.. D/D.. * CHRONIC NONHEALING ULCER FOOT.. * DIABETIC ULCER.. * EUMYCETOMA.. NEED'S CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL EVALUATION TO CONCLUDE DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT..

Thank you

Chronic Ulcer Eczematous innature Planter keratoderma

Thank you

Chronic diabetic ulcer since 2 yrs Adv MRI foot to rule out osteomyelitis

Thank you

Plse consider mycetoma feet in DD

Thank you

Hansen's diseases

Thank you.

View 2 other replies

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you