Concluded Case

Unilateral tmj ankylosis

A 7 year old male patient with complaint of reduced mouth opening since last 3 years. No history of any trauma. History of ear infection long time back is positive Diagnosis Right side tmj ankylosis Management Discuss treatment plan. Is costocondral grafting must?

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

the case was not posted with intention to discuss for surgical vs conservative treatment. This is a case of surgical intervention. The idea was to discuss role of costochondral graft in such case.

All Answers

Kindly update a clear x ray. Young age is growing age We cant directly go for surgery. Fond out underlying cause If no trauma then chk for other anomaly

This is clearly a surgical case. More so because of growth phase of patient, early surgical intervention is needed..

Severe ankylosed..I dont see any other option other than surgical intervention. Underlying cause investigation is also mandatory. I think senior and experienced Omfs opinion is needed here.

the case was not posted with intention to discuss for surgical vs conservative treatment. This is a case of surgical intervention. The idea was to discuss role of costochondral graft in such case.

Adv for physiotherapy

Thanks for opinion doctor. This is case of bony ankylosis and clear cut case of surgical intervention. Physiotherapy has a role post surgery but it's not a treatment modality in such cases

I would request you to post this case on facebook group name world dental association,you can find many senior surgeon there and line of treatment.

Diseases Related to Discussion

Ankylosis

Cases that would interest you