What is the best management herpes zoster in 40 year old male psychiatric patient

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

In this case properly evaluation about psychiatric symptoms... Start anti viral medicine under dermatology... In this case patient feel more pain and sleep disturbances with changed behaviour.. So regarding this case to give tablet Gabapentin phenobarbital with pain killer ...if patient anxiety , depression can start tablet duloxetine ...with clonazepam 0.5 mg. If supposed a patient more misbehaving we are suggested tablet olanzepine quetiapine aripriprazole risperidone . Blood pressure RBS Urine test CBC... Cont on basic follow up.

Herpes zoster is treated as Acyclovir 800 tab 5 times daily Ointment herpex Dolonex DT 1bd+ Gabapentin300bd Neurobion 1bd Psychiatrist' medicine to continue

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Nothing to worry, its a viral disease, will subides itself, no special medicine. See the pocket if he is a poor patient.

I agree

View 1 other reply

Herpes zoster Acyclovir

I agree

Acyclovir tab and oint

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Herpes zoster is usually treated with orally administered acyclovir. Other antiviral medications include famciclovir and valacyclovir.. Intravenous (IV) acyclovir (10 mg/kg every 8 hours) remains the treatment of choice for herpes zoster in severely immunocompromised patients. IV antiviral treatment can be replaced by oral therapy after the infection is under control. Ocular Involvement..

I agree

Acyclovir 800mg TDS × 7-10 days with Pain reliever (aceclo+paracetamol) ×5days Acyclovir ointment for external application. Psychiatry medicine should be continued. Medicine doses depends on severity of ds.

Acyclovir800 mg 5 times a day 5 to 7 days Immune response is low chances of hz more

Thank you doctor

Diseases Related to Discussion