What is the mode of administration of Inj Buscopan?

LikeAnswersShare

NEED'S .. TO DILUTE WITH STERILE WATER.. BEFORE ADMINISTRATION .. SLOWLY AND WITH.. CAUTION..

Tnx Dr Bhagirath Harwal

View 1 other reply

Buscopan Ampoules are indicated in acute spasm, as in renal or biliary colic, in radiology for differential diagnosis of obstruction and to reduce spasm and pain in pyelography, and in other diagnostic procedures where spasm may be a problem, e.g. gastro-duodenal endoscopy. Adults: One ampoule (20 mg) intramuscularly or intravenously, repeated after half an hour if necessary. Need Intravenous injection should be performed 'slowly' (in rare cases a marked drop in blood pressure and even shock may be produced by Buscopan). When used in endoscopy this dose may need to be repeated more frequently. Maximum daily dose of 100mg Special populations Elderly: No specific information on the use of this product in the elderly is available. Clinical trials have included patients over 65 years and no adverse reactions specific to this age group have been reported Paediatric population Not recommended for children. Buscopan Ampoules should not be taken on a continuous daily basis or for extended periods without investigating the cause of abdominal pain Diluent: Buscopan injection solution may be diluted with dextrose or with sodium chloride 0.9% injection solutions.

Inj buscopan 20mg may be given im or iv both.but iv administration is given slowly because it may cause drop in blood pressure and even shock.

Both IM..& IV.

IM is safe.. If you give IV mix with distilled water and give slowly. Hypotension is the main complication.

I M or I V

I.v slowly & Im both

IM preferred

Preferred IM ( sudden onset of kidney stone pain )

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion